Inside Catchment Enrolments


​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​A school's local catchment area is the defined geographical area from which a state school accepts its core intake of students.

Any student whose principal place of residence is within the school's catchment area(s) is (subject to the Act) entitled to enrol at the school. The school Principal will reserve places for students who move into the catchment area throughout the school year.

To confirm you live within the Morayfield State High School catchment area, search your residential address via the interactive Department of Education EdMap

To be eligible for Inside Catchment enrolment, parents/carers who seek to enrol their student at the school will need to fully demonstrate that the student's principal place of residence is genuinely within the defined catchment area. Current proof of residency at the address indicated must be provided upon application.

Required proof of residency documentation is outlined in the table below. One (1) primary proof of address document a one (1) secondary proof of address document is required.

​Property Owner

​Lease Holder

​​Proof of Address Primary

(1 document required)

​Rates Notice or Unconditional Sale Agreement

​Current Lease Agreement**

​Proof of Address Secondary

(1 document required)​

​Utility Bill in the enrolling parent/carer's name listed at same address as the primary proof of address document.

(e.g. gas, electricity, water, phone, internet)

​​Utility Bill in the enrolling parent/carer's name listed at same address as the primary proof of address document.

(e.g. gas, electricity, water, phone, internet)

**Expired lease agreements or lease agreements which continue in good faith after the agreement has expired will not be accepted without further official documentation provided by the authorised leasing agency.​

If the Principal is not satisfied that the documentation provided by an applicant demonstrates adequately that the address stated on the enrolment paperwork is the student's principal place of residence; then the Principal may request further sources of proof of residency by way of a Statutory Declaration witnessed by a Justice of the Peace (JP) stating the address provided is the primary and principal place of residence for the student/s (including names) plus a minimum of four (4) documents from the below list.

Please note that the below list of documents does not replace the required Proof of Address (Primary and Secondary) documentation listed above, unless requested by Morayfield State High School.​

​List of additional documents requested by Principal**

Document types:

  • Additional utility bills (e.g. water bill) or a series of bills for the same address over a sequential period to demonstrate continued/ongoing residency.

  • Electoral Roll verification letter

  • Mobile phone statement (with current address details)

  • Bank statement (showing current address details; financial details redacted)

  • Tax Assessment Notice (showing current address details; financial details redacted)

  • Centrelink correspondence

  • Documents demonstrating recent change of address/re-location to within the school's catchment area (e.g. proof of sale or termination of lease for the previous principal place of residence in a different catchment).​

**All the above is applicable for independent living students also.​​

Additional Documentation

In addition to proof of residency documentation, other documentation is required by the applicant to support the student's enrolment application:

​​Additional Documentation

​Report Card

​The student's most recent report card from their previous school.

​Student's Birth Certificate

​The student's Birth Certificate is only required if your student is enrolling from an interstate, overseas, or has never been enrolled in a Queensland State School before.

Please note: students are enrolled under the name registered on their Birth Certificate, however, a preferred name can be listed on the enrolment paperwork under 'preferred name'. 

​Evidence of Residency/Citizenship

​To be provided if your student was not born in Australia. Evidence can include Citizenship Certificate​, VISA or Passport.

​Legal Orders

This includes Court Orders, Protection Orders and Authority to Care documents.

​​Verification Documents

​Medical documents supplied to support a student's medical diagnosis for entry into the Special Education Program. 

Please note: student's must have a current AIMS record to be eligible into this program. ​​

In addition to the documentation listed above, students living with a relative/other person within catchment must provide the following:

  • ​Properly sworn statutory declaration from the student's parent/carer.

  • Properly sworn statutory declaration from the person(s) the student will be residing with in-catchment.

The Principal may also request additional pieces of proof of residency and interview(s) with all parties to discuss the living arrangement.

Applicants should note that a false statement/assertion about the student's principal place of residence may amount to an offence and may be reported to police. The school Principal may repeal a decision to enrol a student in such circumstances.​

Submitting Your Application

​​1. Before You Apply

Please review the following documents carefully to ensure you have the required documentation available to support your student's enrolment application:

  • ​Enrolment Catchment Map

  • Parent Handbook

  • Laptop Hire & BYOx Charter - laptop hire available for Year 7, 8 and 11 only

  • Subject Handbooks

  • Policies and Procedur​es

​​2. Completing an enrolment application

Complete the Enrolment Application forms for each student you wish to enrol – please ensure all forms have been completed, permissions selected and signed by the parent/carer.

Complete the Application Checklist for each student you wish to enrol.

  • ​Please ensure you follow the Application Checklist and provide all of the supporting documents required along with the enrolment paperwork. Incomplete applications cannot be accepted/processed.

3. Submitting your application

Enrolment applications are to be submitted via email or in person at Morayfield State High School's Administration Office.

Enrolment application packages must include copies of the relevant supporting documentation along with a completed Enrolment Application form. Where documentation is not supplied, the application will not progress until all documentation is supplied. 

​Email | Scan and save all enrolment application paperwork together with the required supporting documentation as a PDF file. Screenshots of individual enrolment application pages will not be accepted.  


In Person | Deliver your completed enrolment application package to:
Morayfield State High School
Visentin Road, MORAYFIELD QLD 4506

4. Enrolment interview

Enrolment interviews are not required for the bulk Year 7 Inside Catchment enrolment intake. However, if you are enrolling from within the catchment after the Year 6 into 7 Orientation Day, an enrolment interview will be required.

Enrolment interviews are required for all students entering Y​ears 8-12 after all enrolment paperwork has been submitted and reviewed.

If your student is enrolling from interstate or overseas, a pre-enrolment interview will be arranged with the year level Guidance Officer, prior to a final enrolment interview with the year level Deputy Principal.

If your student is enrolling from an overseas school, please contact Education Queensland International (EQI) to confirm enrolment eligibility at Morayfield State High School.

Phone: 1800 316 540 (within Australia)
Phone: +617 3513 5301 (outside Australia)

Other students who are entitled to enrol as if Inside Catchment

The following groups of students will be entitled to enrol, even though they may reside outside the school's catchment area:

  • Children and young people who are subject to child protection orders that grant guardianship or custody to the Chief Executive Officer of the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women.

  • Siblings of current students at the school (excluding siblings of Program of Excellence students and siblings of students who were placed at the school as a result of exclusion from another school).

  • Students whose parent/carer is employed by the school.​

  • Students who live outside the catchment area and are verified with a disability can enrol in the school to attend the specialised disability program, if it is the closest program to their home and meets their individualised needs.

  • Students who have been excluded from another school, dependent upon the conditions related to the exclusion, subject to agreement of the Regional Director.

Last reviewed 10 May 2024
Last updated 10 May 2024